Chitwan Jungle Safari packages offer a wilderness of a rich ecosystem that includes mammals, birds, reptiles and water animals of several kinds. The highlights of this park are the 500 Asian one-horned rhinoceros and some hundred nocturnal Royal Bengal tigers that live in the dense forests of the park. You will discover a lost world of towering trees and twisting vines, of pre-historic rhino and lumbering elephants, crocodile, python and deer; brilliantly colored birds and if you are fortunate – the superb Royal Bengal Tiger. Sharing home with these are other animals like rhesus monkey, grey langur, deer, leopards, and wild cats, etc. Another most important factor adding to the Chitwan experience is the colorful Tharu Culture, their way of living, culture, and tradition and heart touching Tharu Dance. Here you will do many activities likes Jungle Safari on elephant back, jungle walk, canoe ride, jeep drive and much more.
What to expect ?
• Elephant ride through the jungle to see the one-horned Rhinos and maybe a Bengal tiger
• Jungle walks
• Boat trip in a dugout canoe on the Rapti River (if your lucky you will see a crocodile)
• Early morning Bird watching
• Ox and cart trip to visit local areas
• Visiting Elephant Breeding Centre
• Bicycle tour to many lakes in the jungle where all kinds of animals can be spotted
• Jeep drive in the jungle for those who don’t like to bike
• Jeep for transport to other destinations inc bus parks
• Experience the music and dance of Nepal at the Tharu Culture Programme
• One day trek to Saktikhor Hill to see traditional hills and lakes
• Visit to the Tharu Culture Museum
Note: All of those items subject to time duration customer has.
6:00 - Arrival in (bus station) Kantipath, Kathmandu, Nepal
1:30 to 2:00 pm
Arriving in Chitwan- after 6 hours Drive from Kathmandu or 5 hours from Pokhara, you will arrive at our hotel at about 1:30 to 2:00 pm. It would be a good time to have some meal.
3.00 pm: Village Tour and Visiting Elephant Breeding Centre
Of all the animals, elephants are probably the most graceful. Our naturalists will take you to the Hattisar to demonstrate how elephants’ meals are prepared and how they eat in the Elephant Breeding Center. They will explain the nature and habits of elephants. The unique Centre was established in 1985 for the captive breeding of domesticated elephants trapping for domestication.
6.30 pm: Dinner
7.00pm: Cultural Program
In Chitwan, there are Tharu social groups, which they show their unique performance. In the evening before dinner Tharu cultural dance performances used to held. Along this performance, you will be holding drinks and roasted meats to make you more entertainer.
6.15 am: Wake up
7.15 am: Breakfast
8.00 am: Cannoning + Jungle Walk
Canoe Ride an active package program. This include in every package. Canoe ride along the Rapti river will be an excellent opportunity for Bird Watching and for seeing the 2 rare species of crocodiles; the Marsh Mugger and the fish-eating Gharial. Take an exciting and invigorating walk through the lush sub-tropical jungles of Chitwan. Our trained naturalists take you to prime spots to view deer, rhinos, sloth bears and other wildlife. They will also give you interesting information about the various plants and animals in the jungle throughout your walk.
1.30 pm: Elephant Safari
Seated high on the back of a trained elephant exploring the grasslands and core area of the park, you become an integral part of the life of the Chitwan National Park. The elephant safari, though not the most comfortable rides, is an amazing experience. And it doesn’t take long to spot at least a rhino in these forests.
6.00 am: Wake up
6.15 am: Bird Watching
Chitwan is the best destination for bird watching. The birds found here are Cormorants, Lesser Adjutant Stork, Blue Indian Roller, Hornbills, Stork-billed Kingfishers, Grey headed Eagles, Ruby Cheeked Sunbird, Bengal Florican, Large-tailed Nightjar, Asian Paradise Flycatcher, Beaters & Lesser Florican, etc. More than 500 species have been recorded only in Chitwan.
7.30 am: Breakfast
Departure to your destination either Pokhara or Kathmandu
- All jungle activities
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- Guide insurance and salary
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by tourist bus.
- Government Tax
- Tourist service charge
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu by Flight or Car as per itinerary.
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.
- Tips & Gratuities.
Where to meet ?
Kanti Path, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Departure everyday - early morning
- Reservation can be made 2 days prior to departure